Experience the best in Greensboro, NC, lodging! At the Greensboro Troy-Bumpas Inn bed and breakfast, four luxurious guest rooms, three common rooms and a wonderful front porch provide ample space for you to relax and unwind. Each guest room has a private bath (three with whirlpool tubs), air conditioning, fireplace, free wireless Internet access (WIFI), cable TV, DVD player, and a wonderfully comfortable queen or king bed. There’s no need to pack a hair dryer; you’ll find one in your room. The inn has secure off-street parking and a computer where you may print a boarding pass.
We personally greet our guests upon arrival to ensure you can easily get settled in. We’ll see you at breakfast, and if you need us other times, we’re easy to reach by phone number.
The Troy-Bumpas Inn was featured on UNC TV’s “North Carolina Weekend.”
Watch the video! (The Troy-Bumpas Inn segment is second and starts at 6:26.)
Enjoy a Memorable Breakfast
Your day at the Troy-Bumpas Inn begins with fresh-brewed coffee or a choice from our array of teas delivered to the second-floor guest lounge. We serve a delicious multi-course, home-cooked hot breakfast in the dining room. Menus vary daily, but we typically start with a cold buffet of fruit, juice, yogurt, granola, and freshly baked scones, muffins, quick breads or coffeecake. We follow with a delicious hot breakfast entrée. The Troy-Bumpas Inn cookbook includes a wide range of entrees — French toast, baked egg dishes, omelets, frittatas, pancakes, and waffles — served with various breakfast meats. And, we offer flexible breakfast times!
Complimentary snacks and beverages – including home-baked cookies – are available daily.
If you have specific dietary needs or preferences, please let us know in advance so we can best accommodate your needs.
History buffs will enjoy reflecting on the history this home has seen. Built in 1847, the home is listed on the National Historic Register and is one of twelve in Guilford County built before the Civil War that still survives. During the Civil War, Union soldiers occupied the home and used it as the Union’s Western Greensboro Headquarters. The home was owned by the same family from 1847 to 1976. To learn more, visit our History page.
Take a Photo Tour
The Troy-Bumpas Inn bed & breakfast is a licensed business in the City of Greensboro and is inspected by the Guilford County Department of Public Health.
Registered guests consent to the following policies.
- Rates are for one or two people and include a full breakfast each day. Rates are subject to state and local taxes.
- There is a charge of $30 per person per night for each additional person. Children sleeping in their parents’ room count as additional people. Not all rooms may be available for additional guests. Please consult with the innkeepers.
- Rates are subject to change without notice. Special events and holidays may have higher prices and may have a minimum stay requirement. We always honor the rate quoted at the time your reservation is confirmed.
- Corporate rates are for single occupancy and are available Monday through Thursday nights excluding holidays and International Furniture Market dates. You must have proof that you are traveling on local business to get this rate – innkeepers’ discretion. Please contact the innkeepers if you have questions.
- Reservations may be made online at our website at anytime. Please note that we do not accept reservations made after 7 p.m. for check-in that same date. If you prefer to speak with one of the innkeepers, please call 336-370-1660 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Office hours are 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. (Eastern Time USA). If calling outside these hours, please leave a detailed message.
- A valid credit card/debit card (MasterCard, Visa, Discover or American Express) is required to obtain a confirmed reservation. The full balance is due on arrival. No refunds for early departure. We accept personal checks drawn on U.S. banks if we receive the check at least 30 days prior to your scheduled arrival. All overseas transactions must be by credit card. Your reservation is not confirmed until you have been contacted by us.
- CANCELLATION POLICY: All cancellations are subject to a $25 fee. Cancellation fees will be applied to the credit card used to secure the booking. Guests incur only this cancellation fee if they cancel more than 4 days before their scheduled check-in date. Guests who cancel at any time during the 4 days prior to 12:01 a.m. (Eastern Time Zone) on the day of their scheduled check-in are responsible for all room charges unless we can re-book the room(s). For reservations made more than six months in advance, a 30-day cancellation policy applies. Guests may wish to purchase trip cancellation insurance, offered by AAA and other travel companies.
- We welcome children aged 12 years and older accompanied by a parent or guardian. We cannot accommodate pets of any sort.
- So that we can prepare for guests, check-in is between 3 to 7 p.m. Check-ins outside of these times must be arranged in advance. Please provide your estimated time of arrival when booking. Check-out is by 11 a.m.
- We are a non-smoking inn. Smoking (including e-cigarettes) is only permitted outdoors in a designated area and is not permitted on the porches or on the outdoor back stairs. Guests who smoke in the inn may be asked to leave, charged for their full reservation, and will be charged an additional cleaning fee of at least $50.
- Candles, incense, and any open flames are prohibited in our historic home. (No one wants to be roused out of bed by our very sensitive smoke alarms. Our insurance agent thanks you, too.)
- Because of the stains they cause, guests may not place real flower petals on linens. Silk flower petals are fine.
- Should damage be caused by a guest, the innkeepers reserve the right to charge the credit card on file to remedy the situation or replace items taken.
- Unless alternative arrangements are made with the innkeepers in advance, we allow only paid, registered guests on the premises.
- Guests who use the inn’s Internet service agree not to use the network to gain unauthorized access to any computer systems; to download, display, upload or transmit obscenity or pornography; or illegally download or distribute copyright-protected materials.
- We respect the right of guests to privacy in guest rooms. However, the innkeepers have the right to enter a guestroom for such purposes, among others, as daily cleaning, protecting the innkeepers’ property, and preserving the peace and quiet of the inn. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.